Università degli Studi di Pavia
Short Course on “Seismic Analysis and Design of Tall Buildings”. State-of-the-art in seismic analysis and design of tall buildings from the perspective of the United States academics and practitioners. The course was taught by Farzad Naeim, Vice President and General Counsel at John A. Martin & Associates, Inc. in Los Angeles, and Farzin Zareian, Associate Professor of Engineering at the University of California-Irvine.
The course includes topics:
- Structural Dynamics for Tall Buildings,
- Seismic Hazard Analysis Fundamentals,
- Performance-Based Seismic Assessment of Tall Buildings,
- Overview of Seismic Design Principles,
- Structural Modeling of Tall Buildings,
- Class Project Workshop.